At the Ohio Valley Eye Institute, we pride ourselves in providing the highest quality of eye care. It begins with a professional and caring attitude.
When you decide to undergo LASIK or other types of vision correction, you want to know that the equipment being used on your eyes is first class
- The cool beam from our excimer laser is directed in just the right location to gently reshape your cornea.
- Side effects are few and depend greatly on the individual. Temporary side effects may include mild scratchiness, glare or halos in low light conditions and possible minimal discomfort.
- 3In the normal eye, light is bent (refracted) by the curve of the cornea and lens to focus clearly on the retina. The eye works like a camera. Light rays pass through the lens (like the cornea and natural lens in the eye) and are focused on the film (like the retina in the eye).
- Ohio Valley Eye Institute offers other vision correction options for those who are not LASIK candidates including:
- Like any procedure, perfect results are not guaranteed. But at Ohio Valley Eye Institute we utilize the VISX S4 Laser with CustomVue technology. In FDA clinical studies, over 98% of patients who had their LASIK procedure performed with CustomVue on the VISX S4 Laser achieved 20/20 vision or better. This is a vast improvement, especially if you’ve suffered from extremely poor eyesight.
- As with any other medical procedure, a certain amount of pre-consultation is needed with LASIK, so we encourage you to make an appointment to speak with our refractive coordinator (RC) concerning your vision needs. The RC and the surgeon will then determine whether or not you’re a candidate for LASIK. Unfortunately, not everyone is, and our refractive coordinator can explain this in more detail during your free consultation. Depending on your schedule and our schedule we can have you out of your glasses within a week.